Each applicant for admission to AIC must submit to the Admissions Office the requested forms and application as listed in the Admissions Requirements.
In addition to the above procedures, a transfer student needs to submit an official transcript for each college or university attended. The office of the Vice President for Academic Services will assist and facilitate this transfer process. Please note the following policies that involve transferring to AIC:
- The student will demonstrate proficiency in English, writing, mathematics, and reading. Some additional courses in these areas may be required, depending upon the assessment. These courses may apply to degree requirements, with the approval of the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Transfer of credit from a regionally or nationally accredited college will be made for comparable courses with a minimum grade of “C.” Upper division courses will be evaluated by the appropriate Departmental Chairperson for applicability to AIC degree requirements.
- Transfer of credit from non-accredited colleges will be awarded under the following conditions:
- Generally one or more semesters of courses at AIC with at least a 2.00 grade point average (GPA) will be required to validate the transfer of credit. Students not achieving a sufficient (GPA) may not be awarded the full allowance of transfer credits.
- The maximum allowance of transfer credits is 30 credit hours. Under certain conditions more hours may be granted, (pending approval from the office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs). Only courses with at least a “C” will be transferred.
- A student transferring more than 55 credit hours may be required to enroll in upper division courses in research methodology, critical thinking, or other subjects recommended by the Departmental Chairperson.
- Transferring students need to complete at least 25% of their major at AIC. This is to assure that graduates of AIC have had sufficient opportunity to identify with the College’s mission, as well as demonstrate proficiency in their degree programs. A student entering as a senior must complete a minimum of 30 semester credits in residence to qualify for a degree. The thirty credits may take longer than one year to complete depending upon availability of courses.
- Transferring students must complete all AIC General Education requirements and satisfy all other graduation requirements of their particular degree programs.
Any exceptions to these policies will require approval from the office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs.